1/2 Photos of Breakfast Casserole 4 Lunch Dinner or Brunch
A complete Breakfast in one easy, hearty casserole. Give them their Eggs, Sausage, Hash Browns and Toast anytime of the day. Have fun with my own recipe by making your own substitutions. Try adding Ham instead of Sausage or Swiss instead of Cheddar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium potatoes, shredded fine (or 4c frozen Hashbrowns)
- 1 -2 lb sausage, crumbled, cooked & drained
- 4 slices day-old white bread, cubed small
- 6 large eggs
- 1 small onions or 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper & if desired 1/2 tsp. dry mustard)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook & drain crumbled sausage.
- 3Add onion to sausage and cook another minute or so, set aside.
- 4Peel & finely Shred potatoes unless using frozen.
- 5Spray 9X13 glass pan with cooking spray.
- 6Working in layers, start with the potatoes, press evenly in bottom of pan & sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- 7Next add the sausage onion mixture evenly across first layer & sprinkle with 1/4 cheese.
- 8Place bread cubes evenly across the sausage layer & sprinkle with 1/4 cheese.
- 9In med bowl mix scramble the eggs with the milk.
- 10If choosing to use the salt, pepper, dry mustard option add these to egg mixture and mix very well (if using Mrs. Dash skip this step).
- 11Pour mixture evenly over bread layer & press lightly with spatula to help soak bread.
- 12Sprinkle evenly with Mrs. Dash (if opted).
- 13Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 14Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until firm in 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Casserole 4 Lunch Dinner or Brunch
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.6
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 299.1 mg
- Sodium 1132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 30.7 g