Recipe by MizzNezz
Mix this up at night for a super easy and scrumptious breakfast for your overnight guests.
Top Review by Bev
This was a wonderful recipe to serve Christmas morning! I prepared it the night before and had it ready to serve as soon as all our gifts were opened. Worked out perfectly! I prepared as directed only using salt and freshly grounded pepper as the only seasoning. I served with hot buttered toast along with Apple French Toast Casserole by Terri F. Thanks so much for sharing this marvelous recipe!
- 1 lb bulk sausage, like Jimmy Dean
- 4 cups bread, cut in pieces (day or two old is best)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and crumble sausage, drain.
- Put bread in well buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and spices.
- Pour over the bread and cheese.
- Sprinkle sausage and mushrooms on top.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 325*.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour.