Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this every Christmas morning. Prepare the evening before and refrigerate overnight. I brown the sausage ahead of time and freeze in ziploc bag for faster preparation.
- 2 (12 ounce) rolls pork sausage (we prefer Hot!)
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Brown sausage, then drain well. In a 9x13" buttered casserole layer bread, sausage and cheese. Mix eggs with mustard, milk and salt and pour over other ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Allow time to cool off before serving.