Recipe by mrs herc
egg and sausage casserole
Top Review by Queen Roachie
This made Christmas for my husband... His mom always makes this every Christmas morning, and we weren't able to fly back to see them this year, so I found this recipe and made it for him. My only change was to add one extra egg, and I only had Colby/Jack cheese. Cooked and set perfectly in 45 minutes. I'll try it with sharper cheese next time. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 10 slices white bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish; sprinkle bread evenly with cheese, and top with sausage.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients; pour evenly over sausage mixture. Cover and chill casserole for 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.