Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe from a friend of my mother. It takes a while, but is worth the wait. To make this Mexican style, use a tsp of cumin and a couple tablespoons of salsa or enchilada sauce.
- 4 -5 large eggs
- 9 slices bread, without the crusts. torn to pieces
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 4 ounces shredded cabot cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage, browned and cut into 6ths
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Into a large bowl, pour milk onto bread -- let soak -- add salt and pepper and garlic.
- Mix spinach and eggs; add to bread mixture.
- Add sausages and cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 11 pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.