Recipe by MMinMI
I clipped this out of the paper several years ago. Have tried many others, but I always go back to this one. I use this as a guideline, and mix it up with what I have in the fridge. It is always great... you can even use egg substitute for half the eggs. Can be assembled the night before, or fully prepared ahead of time and reheated. ENJOY!
- 1 (16 ounce) package pork sausage, any flavor
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat overn to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat, stirring frequently until no longer pink.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Stir well.
- Distribute half the bread in a buttered 9"x13"x2" baking dish. Sprinkle with half the pepper, cheese, sausage, mushrooms, tomato and onion. Repeat. Pour the egg mixture over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered 60 minutes or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if top browns too quickly.