Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
My sister made this for us many years ago and we still make it often. Now, if we could just get that Breakfast Fairy to get it in the oven for us, we would all wake up happy! Cook time does not include chill time.
- 3 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Cook sausage in skillet, breaking up into bite size pieces; drain well.
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place croutons in dish spreading evenly over bottom.
- Top with cheese, crumble drained sausage over cheese. Drain & reserve mushroom liquid, place mushrooms over sausage.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, dry mustard, milk & mushroom liquid. Pour over casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove casserole from refrigerator, discard cover. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the soup with 1/2 cup half and half. Pour over casserole and bake for 1-1/2 hours.