Recipe by smelly0610
This is a very tasty casserole that I got from sparkpeople.com I did alter it a little to make it less fat.
- 12 ounces vegetarian breakfast sausage patties
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 1⁄2 cups fat free croutons, plain
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 8 ounces soy cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 7 egg whites
- 2 cups skim milk or 2 cups soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- crumble sausage into medium nonstick skillet. cook until brown breaking up into bits with spatula as it cooks. sprinkle with poultry seaoning. coat 9 x 13 pan with pam.
- add sausage to large bowl along with croutons, cheese, and mustard powder. add eggs and milk to a seperate bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth. drizzle milk and egg over sausage and crouton mixture and stir to blend. pour into 9 x 13 pan, cover with foil and chill for 8 hours.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake covered in foil for 20 minutes or until set.