Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This yummy casserole is normally saved for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning, but it's tasty all year though! You can make this the night before as well.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 12 eggs
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces milk (1 soup can)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb tater tots
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Can make the night before. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (If cooking right away, if not, heat the oven in the morning!). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, soup and milk. Stir in sausage and mushrooms; pour into prepared pan. Add tater tots, distributing evenly in pan. If making the night before, cover and refrigerate now.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese, bake an additional 10 minutes.
- If you are making it the night before, just use the tater tots frozen…if baking as soon as you assemble it, thaw the tater tots.
We love this - very simple, taste great. We sometimes substitute bacon or ham to change it up. We also use cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom.
i made this last night for spring PAC "08" my husband and i daont eat breakfeast so sometimes we like to havve it for dinner, adn this dish was very well recived,another one of angel's recipes that he said i could make a few times a week, its also perfect for when you are just when you want something different. i was worried about the taste of the sausage(not a big fan) but i bought the "mapel flavor" and didnt have a problem with that sausage taste...even my pups were fighting for some,my baby girl(yorkie) would not leave the kitchen til she got some (we picked out the sausage)...loved it!thanks for another hit!