Recipe by Angel91805
This yummy casserole is normally saved for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning, but it's tasty all year though! You can make this the night before as well.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 12 eggs
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces milk (1 soup can)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb tater tots
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Can make the night before. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (If cooking right away, if not, heat the oven in the morning!). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, soup and milk. Stir in sausage and mushrooms; pour into prepared pan. Add tater tots, distributing evenly in pan. If making the night before, cover and refrigerate now.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese, bake an additional 10 minutes.
- If you are making it the night before, just use the tater tots frozen…if baking as soon as you assemble it, thaw the tater tots.