Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This was good, but a bit bland. I think I'd add some sauted chopped green onion and red & green peppers to it next time -- maybe some garlic too. The cubed hash browns work better than the shredded if you have to leave the slow cooker for over 8 hours.
- 1 lb frozen hash browns, partially thawed
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spread half the hash browns in the slow cooker and top with half the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining hash browns and cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg substitute.
- Mix in the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.