Uses refrigerated biscuits, mushrooms, sausage, eggs and cheese. No overnight refrigeration needed.
Make and share this Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cover the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 baking pan with biscuits; set aside.
- In a large skillet melt the butter, add the sausage, mushrooms and onions. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the onions are tender, place the sausage mixture in a colander and drain.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Coat the same skillet with no-stick spray add the eggs. Cook and stir over medium heat until almost set. Add the sausage and vegetable mixture. Cook; stir until the eggs are completely set.
- Spread the egg mixture over the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 400' for 12 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-13 minutes longer until the cheese is melted and the biscuits are golden brown.
This is a great casserole! I didn't have the italian sausage so I substituted Jimmy Dean sausage, I added in some italian seasoning while it was frying up. I liked that the eggs were done and you didn't have to keep checking to see if the eggs set up yet! I will definitely make again! Thanks! I also used some cheddar mixed in with mozzarella. It is definitely easy and I loved it! Thanks for sharing!