Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious and easy thing to make when you are going to have many people over in the morning.
- 8 -10 slices bread
- 10 -12 links breakfast sausage
- 8 -10 slices bacon
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup spinach (optional)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Rip the bread into pieces (with or without crust) and place to cover the bottom of a baking dish.
- Cut everything into bite-size pieces.
- Cook the meat and spoon it over the bread.
- Sauté the vegetables and spoon over the meat.
- For the sauce, just add egg, milk, mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce together and whisk.
- Pour the sauce over the casserole.
- Frate cheese and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Put plastic wrap over it and place in fridge overnight, or at least for an hour or two.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes or until the cheese is golden.