Recipe by Petdrwife
I am not sure where I got this recipe from but it is a great dish to serve for breakfast or brunch. (Note: This dish must be prepared and refrigerated overnight) I like to make it when having overnight guests...just pair it with some fruit salad, coffee, juice and voila breakfast with little effort.
Top Review by *Parsley*
My gang enjoyed this very much. I used the sausage and I used wheat bread (toasted first). I made it in a 13" x 9" pan so it was a bit thicker. This makes a great weekend breakfast/bruch and we'll definitely have this again. Husband wants it with sausage AND ham next time! Thanx for posting this!
- 1 lb sausage or 1 lb ham
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard (spice not prepared)
- 6 slices white bread, cut into cubes (I have actually used all kinds of bread including french or leftover rolls etc.)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- If using sausage, brown and drain -- set aside.
- In large bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard.
- Stir in bread cubes, cheese and meat.
- Pour into greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.