Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This version uses hash brown patties, cuts beautifully
- 8 frozen hash browns (patties)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place hash browns patties in a single layer in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and ham.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard.
- Pour over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350' for 1 hour.
- Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Great recipe! I made it dairy-free by adding water instead of milk. to beat the eggs frothy and then seasoned it as stated and added lots of finely chopped garlic, fresh thyme and dill. I layered thinly sliced browned sausage on top of the potato patties then poured over the egg mixture without cheese. This makes a healthy alternative for those who need to avoid dairy.
original recipe needs to be kicked up a notch. Green chiles are a good idea. Plan to add chopped onions next time; maybe some cayenne pepper. bb
really great and easy Breakfast casserole. Not a fan of hash brown patties but my granson is, so had em on hand. Made this for dinner last night, adding some chopped green chili along with the ham, and adding 1 Cup of sour cream to the egg mixture, and 2 extra eggs. Came out wonderfull and had plenty for breakfast this morning. Thanks for an easy recipie I will use alot.