1 hr 20 mins
This one works very well for making the night before (cover and refrigerate before baking); increase the cooking time slightly or take it out to warm up for about a half hour before baking. Sausage or other meat is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2If using sausage, place in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown; drain, crumble and set aside.
- 3Stir together shredded potatoes and melted butter.
- 4Line bottom and sides of a medium glass baking dish with potato mixture.
- 5Combine cooked sausage (if using), cheddar cheese, onion, green pepper, cottage cheese and eggs; pour mixture into baking dish.
- 6Bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.9
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 227.0 mg
- Sodium 590.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.7 g