Recipe by Diane in Nebraska
So easy to prepare the night before and just bake the next morning.
Top Review by Beep Beep Momma's Taxi
I made this using thinly sliced potatoes in place of the hash browns, as I don't like the texture of them, and the casserole was simple to throw together and so delicious! I opted for the sausage and it sure hit the spot!
- 59.14 ml butter
- 12 eggs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper or 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1419.54 ml frozen hash browns, tater tots, hash brown patties (enough to cover bottom of your pan)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 709.77 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml diced ham or 473.18 ml sausage or 473.18 ml bacon
- 236.59 ml diced red peppers or 236.59 ml green peppers (optional) or 236.59 ml yellow pepper (optional)
- 118.29 ml diced onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9" x 12" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter and drizzle in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the frozen hash browns evenly to cover the bottom.
- Layer cheese, meat and any desired vegetable on top of potatoes.
- Whisk eggs,salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the top to cover.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 1 hour or until set.