Recipe by Diane in Nebraska
So easy to prepare the night before and just bake the next morning.
Top Review by Beep Beep Momma's Taxi
I made this using thinly sliced potatoes in place of the hash browns, as I don't like the texture of them, and the casserole was simple to throw together and so delicious! I opted for the sausage and it sure hit the spot!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups frozen hash browns, tater tots, hash brown patties (enough to cover bottom of your pan)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced ham or 2 cups sausage or 2 cups bacon
- 1 cup diced red peppers or 1 cup green peppers (optional) or 1 cup yellow pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9" x 12" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter and drizzle in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the frozen hash browns evenly to cover the bottom.
- Layer cheese, meat and any desired vegetable on top of potatoes.
- Whisk eggs,salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the top to cover.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 1 hour or until set.