Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
So easy to prepare the night before and just bake the next morning.
Make and share this Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups frozen hash browns, tater tots, hash brown patties (enough to cover bottom of your pan)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced ham or 2 cups sausage or 2 cups bacon
- 1 cup diced red peppers or 1 cup green peppers (optional) or 1 cup yellow pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (optional)
- Spray a 9" x 12" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter and drizzle in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the frozen hash browns evenly to cover the bottom.
- Layer cheese, meat and any desired vegetable on top of potatoes.
- Whisk eggs,salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the top to cover.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 1 hour or until set.
I made this using thinly sliced potatoes in place of the hash browns, as I don't like the texture of them, and the casserole was simple to throw together and so delicious! I opted for the sausage and it sure hit the spot!
Made this for dinner for 12 people and everyone yummed it up. Followed the recipe exactly and used ham, red bell pepper, some onion and hash browns. Since I made 2 huge pans, I thankfully had some leftovers which kept in the fridge for 2 weeks and tasted as good as the first day I baked it. This is definitely a keeper -- thanks for posting it!
I had a group of friends stay over and wanted something nice (and easy) for breakfast..I prepared the night before as stated, mixed the milk with the egg (it doesnt say when to use milk but used my brains!) everyone loved it and I gave the recipe to a couple of friends. Served with peppered oven bacon. Thanks!