Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I haven't tried this one yet. Posted for safe-keeping. Looks like it would make a great fall breakfast/brunch or even dinner. From my mom's Gooseberry Patch Celebrate Autumn cookbook. Reported to be a good side dish with omelets or pancakes.
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; stir/saute the butternut squash, garlic, and ginger for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, celery, and onion; saute for 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix together the lemon juice and honey; add to vegetables; toss to coat.
- Top with a sprinkling of sunflower seeds or raisins.