Recipe by PillsburyPimp
This a delicious (and lower-carb) option for breakfast. It's easy to make and you can whip up a batch of the sausage mix and re-heat it with fresh scrambled eggs in a snap for a daily breakfast solution for an entire week!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh chorizo sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or half or half or cream)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 6 low-carb wraps (or normal tortillas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and all peppers finely.
- Remove chorizo from casings and crumble into non-stick skillet.
- Add chopped onions and peppers to chorizo and sautee until meat is cooked and the vegetables are soft.
- Reduce heat to low and drain off excess grease. (Stop here and store mixture in fridge if you plan to have this for several breakfasts).
- Whisk eggs and milk until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and vegetables and cook slowly until desired texture is reached.
- Sprinkle cheese onto low-carb wrap and then top egg mixture.
- Fold into burrito and enjoy!