1/6 Photos of Breakfast Burritos (Once a Month Cooking)
Great for that run in the morning breakfast. You can also take frozen burritos with you when going camping. Just place the bag of frozen burritos into the ice chest, and by the time you're ready for breakfast the first morning, the burritos are fully thawed. Then simply reheat them in a large skillet over the campstove or fire grate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or 6 hash browns (optional)
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 1 onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
- 1Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- 2Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- 3Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- 4Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 5When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- 6TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- 7Wrap in a paper towel.
- 8Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- 9Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Burritos (Once a Month Cooking)
Serving Size: 1 (3907 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.7 mg
- Sodium 413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.8 g