Recipe by Munchkin Mama
Yummy! You can also add some other items to make the filling different. Some suggestions: 1 chopped green pepper, 6 potatoes (shredded or fried until cooked through [or use hashbrowns]), jalapeno slices, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 finely diced onion, 1 peeled and chopped tomato, or green onions, sliced with tops.
Top Review by carrey
This was my first mak-ahead meal and it was wonderful! I eat these babies every morning! One change was to 100% whole wheat tortillas. Another was to cook sausage, drain, and then add beaten eggs into pan with sausage to cook. Once eggs were finished, then salsa was mixed in. You really can't go wrong with this; if I can do it, anyone can!
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked and crumbled (I like Bob Evans Original)
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble eggs in a large skillet until cooked through.
- Stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until warm and flexible.
- Place 1/2 cup of filling mixture and 1/8 cup cheese into each tortilla and roll up burrito-style.
- Freeze burritos in a single layer on lightly greased cookie sheets. When fully frozen, wrap individually (I use plastic wrap). Place wrapped burritos in a large zipped freezer bags and place back in the freezer.
- To serve: Cook from the frozen state in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Or, thaw burritos, wrap in foil, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.