Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are easy to make and really tasty.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag hash browns, cooked
- 1 1⁄2-2 dozen eggs, scrambled
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb ham, diced
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 18 -24 tortillas
- Mix everything together in a very large bowl. (You can also add a pound of sausage, if you want.).
- Roll up in tortillas.
- Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap, then store in a gallon-size freezer bag.
- When you're ready to eat one, just microwave it for 2 minutes.
This was so good to have around. I made a double batch of this and used one batch just to heat up in the morning w/ a piece of toast, but the other batch got rolled in tortillas and frozen. Truly, a staple for staving off hunger until lunch time. I think having perfectly cooked, moist eggs would matter a great deal to this recipe. So, scramble with some cream or milk and fry in bacon grease. Yummy!
I have just made this for the third time and it is great. The first time, I tried sausage, the second with bacon. And this time, exactly as the recipe says, with ham and bacon. It's delicious and gets me out the door much quicker than when I used to make eggs and toast each morning.
Made a bunch of these for hubby so he could grab a quick hot breakfast when I don't have time to cook. He said they are better than MickeyD's LOL...which is a huge compliment coming from him.