Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fighting the dry edges of a frozen burrito is very challenging, this is one of my solutions. Presteaming makes the tortilla moist for freezing, I strongly suggest you do so.
- Cook bacon until almost done (dutch ovens work best for OAMC, use a good nonstick pot), don't over cook the bacon will burn while you cook potatoes.
- Add onions and cook for a minute or two, until softened.
- Add potatoes, stir to coat in bacon drippings and cover.
- Cook covered for approximately 15 minutes, or until potatoes are done, stirring occasionally. Put the tortillas on top of the potatoes while they cook, this steams them and makes them moist.
- While you are waiting for potatoes to finish cooking, wisk the eggs and milk. Mix well.
- Salt and pepper your potatoes, cook uncovered a minute longer.
- Add eggs to potato mixture, cook stirring almost constantly until egg is finished. Be very careful to not overcook the egg. Egg must still be very moist but not overcooked. It alters the flavor otherwise.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup measurements into containers.
- Wrap tortilla's in wax paper, seal well (use masking tape if you want to) and place on top of potato egg mixture then cover and freeze. Alternatively you can fill and wrap them, the problem is the yucky ends are harder to control. Make sure when you steam your tortillas you don't let them get dry afterwards. You want them drenched in steam, fill them and tightly tightly wrap them in 2 big pieces of plastic wrap.
- Either serving (container or rolled up) should be reheated on high for 5 minutes.