Recipe by wildheart
This is a daily breakfast item in New Mexico. You can even get breakfast burritos at MacDonalds and Burger King! Feel free to substitute 1/2 cup ham, beef or pork for the bacon.
Top Review by Miss Annie
A very good recipe. I made this for 7 hungry people and they all agreed that is was wonderful. I cook the bacon ahead and freeze it until I need it, and that came in handy when you are in a hurry. All of the flavors are good together and it is a very filling breakfast. Thanks for sharing this one. I will be making it again.
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped to equal 1/2 cup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in skillet.
- Brown the potato, onion, pepper, and garlic in the skillet (until the vegetables are tender).
- Add the meat and heat until the meat is heated through.
- Mix the eggs with milk or water, and pour over the meat and veggies.
- Cook, stirring, until the eggs are done.
- Spoon into flour tortillas, along with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese per tortilla.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.