Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a daily breakfast item in New Mexico. You can even get breakfast burritos at MacDonalds and Burger King! Feel free to substitute 1/2 cup ham, beef or pork for the bacon.
- Melt margarine in skillet.
- Brown the potato, onion, pepper, and garlic in the skillet (until the vegetables are tender).
- Add the meat and heat until the meat is heated through.
- Mix the eggs with milk or water, and pour over the meat and veggies.
- Cook, stirring, until the eggs are done.
- Spoon into flour tortillas, along with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese per tortilla.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
A very good recipe. I made this for 7 hungry people and they all agreed that is was wonderful. I cook the bacon ahead and freeze it until I need it, and that came in handy when you are in a hurry. All of the flavors are good together and it is a very filling breakfast. Thanks for sharing this one. I will be making it again.
Hmm, I make scrambled egg burritos, served with salsa, sour cream and hot peppers, but never thought about adding all this other stuff -- and it sounds wonderful. I'm adding this to my cookbook and I'll be back to let you know how we like it!
Yummy burrito! I made this as directed but added a few mushroom slices too. Very simple and good. Thanks for sharing. Made for I Recommend Tag.