Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and easy way to start the day!
- 2 teaspoons low-fat margarine
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cooked lean ham, cubed
- 1 carton egg substitute
- salt and pepper
- salsa, to taste
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- In a skillet, heat margarine and sauté onions till tender.
- Add chilies and ham and continue to fry.
- Add egg substitute, salt and pepper to skillet mixture.
- Scramble over medium heat.
- As eggs solidify add salsa.
- Warm tortillas.
- Place equal amounts of egg mixture onto each tortilla and roll burrito style.
Left out the ham in my lame attempt to cut fat and sodium, added a little low fat cheese so I am not sure I was successful, lol. Still tasted great. Rolled some up in plastic wrap and took them to work. Nuke em for a minute and you have a much better breakfast than Micky D's.
I thought the recipe was very good. I used bell peppers instead of green chiles and I used real eggs and whole wheat tortillas. I also did as the other girl and wrapped them in parchment paper and put them in the microwave for one minute and they were much better thatn micky d's and lower in fat