birdie #3 (andrea)'s Note:
I love these in the morning! There are so many different things that go well with eggs. I am just going to put down ingredients that can be used, but you don't have to use them all. My favorite is made with fresh jalapenos, cilantro, onions and salsa or tomatoes all sautéed before the eggs go in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 hash brown
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons zucchini (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes (sliced or diced)
- 1/4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese or 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon la victoria hot sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1Cook the bacon in the microwave or in a skillet.
- 2Cook the hash browns.
- 3Set burner to medium-low. Spray skillet with a little oil. Take any combination of the above fresh ingredients and sauté them till they are a little brown.
- 4Add eggs and stir frequently until done.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6You can cook tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or on the stove. They always taste better heated.
- 7Add egg filling to warm tortilla.
- 8Top with cheese, bacon, hash browns, salt, pepper, ketchup, hot sauce or salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 370.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: