Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Change of pace from the usual bacon and eggs.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage or 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, if you prefer
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green peppers, diced or 1 can green chili, if you prefer
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa or picante sauce
- sour cream
- black olives (or any other burrito topping you prefer)
- Brown sausage, add onion and pepper and cook until limp.
- Add hash browns and cook until brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Scramble eggs and cumin and stir into sausage mixture.
- Cook until firm.
- Serve on warm tortillas with additional toppings of your choice.
- (Note: I cook the sausage, veges, and potatoes the night before and refrigerate. The next morning, all you have to do is reheat it and add eggs. Saves a lot of time in the morning).
We made this for mother's day brunch and went over very well. My mom and dad both loved it. We added fresh green chile that was sent to us from New Mexico. Thank you very much!!
I used veggie sausage for the regular sausage, red pepper for green pepper, half the amount of cheese, and green onions for the topping along with some of the other toppings. Great way to use up leftovers. Love the cumin with the hash browns. Thanks for sharing, PG! cg