Recipe by internetnut
I helped make these at my cooking class Operation Frontline. My future hubby really liked these. When I made these I used refried beans. When we made these our teacher mashed the blacks beans and warmed them on the stove he also had us saute green pepper until tender as the vegetables.
- 16 ounces black beans (about 2 cups of prepared dried black beans)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons salsa (or chopped tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- vegetables, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble the eggs and chop the scallions and garlic.
- Drain the beans and then heat in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high to high, add a teaspoon of cooking oil and saute the garlic and scallions for about 1-2 minutes (save a few scallions to put on top of the burritos). Add the eggs and cumin and cook until eggs are cooked to desired firmness (about 3-5 minutes).
- Split egg mixture evenly between the tortillas, top with beans, sour cream and cheese (if you'd like to add more vegetables, include them at this time).
- Serve with a garnish of salsa, cilantro, and scallions.