Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
These are my favorite breakfast burritos. Really easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. Serve with your favorite salsa, hot sauce or guacamole.
- 1 tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, I like sharp cheddar
- 1 slice prosciutto (ham, sausage, chorizo and bacon are great substitutes)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Fry meat in pan until crispy on both sides, remove from pan.
- Add the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese and top with the meat. Fry until cheese melts and the tortilla is lightly crisped and browned on the bottom. Remove from the pan.
- Add butter (to taste) and add the eggs, cook stirring until just set. Place the eggs in the tortilla. Roll up folding in the edges to seal.
- Serve immediately.
Thank you so much for making one of my recipes (Raspberry Cream Dressing). To show my appreciation, I decided I would make one of YOUR recipes. Boy am I glad I did!!! This is a wonderful tasting yet quick and easy burrito!!! I used sausage and it was wonderful. Can't wait to try it with prosciutto next. Thanks so much for sharing this, Marney. It's a winner!!!!
Made this for PAC Fall 2007. These were good. I made them for my son before school today. I cheated and did most of the cooking in the microwave. I used the precooked bacon and cooked it in the microwave for 40 seconds and heated the tortilla up in the mic too. I cooked the eggs and put them and the cheese in the wrap. My son loved them. Will make again.