Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious way to start the day. This recipe is for 2 servings and can be adjusted as needed. This is a great use of left over beans. Ham or chorizo can be used in place of the bacon. Cooking the egg as you would an omelet aids in rolling the burrito.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup leftover cooked beans (I used Ranch Style Pinto Beans)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of the sour cream.
- Place 1/2 the butter in a 6-inch omelet pan and warm; when the butter is melted, pour in half the egg mixture.
- Cook the egg as you would for an omelet, pushing cooked portions to center of skillet and allowing uncooked portion to run to bottom of pan.
- When bottom is set, flip the egg over and allow to cook completely on the other side; season with salt and pepper, remove cooked egg to plate and repeat with remaining butter and egg mixture.
- While the eggs are cooking warm the beans in a small microwave dish, set aside.
- To assemble, warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds, top with cooked egg, a slice of bacon, divide the beans among the 2 tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, top with additional sour cream and salsa if desired.
- Fold bottom end up about 1 inch, fold over one side to center and then fold the other side overlapping slightly.
Loved it . . . only thing different is used a Mexican Cheese blend (monterey jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla and asadero cheese). Also added a little Recipe #91216. Thanks Paula for sharing. Made for ZWT5.
This was a nice change for me. Thanks for posting this recipe for us to try. I also chose to add salsa to mine after the pictures was taken.