Recipe by lhutson
This is a great "make ahead" recipe. Once they are made and in the fridge anyone can take one and microwave it for 60 - 90 seconds and they have a great meal or snack!
- 2 lbs chorizo sausage
- 1 dozen egg
- milk (enough to make scrambled eggs)
- 2 (10 count) packagesaztec flour tortillas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (32 ounce) bagshredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Chorizo, Green Peppers, Onions, Chilies and Garlic in a large skillet until meat is throughly cooked. Drain mixture and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs with enough milk to make fluffy scrambled eggs. Cook egg mixture in same skillet you used for the Chorizo mixture. When Eggs are cooked combine them with the Chorizo mixture and toss together.
- Microwave 5 Tortillas between two wet paper towels for 60 seconds. (This keeps the tortillas from tearing when wrapping) Put one large spoonful of Chorizo Egg Mixture in center of tortilla, add a handfull of shredded cheese and wrap up in a tortilla.
- Continue this process until all Chorizo mixture is used. Then wrap each Burrito individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- When ready to eat just remove plastic wrap and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds!
- *You can substitute any sausage for Chorizo but I like the Chorizo flavor the best.