Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
While driving truck over-the-road, I used to stop in Moriarty, NM. A gentleman (called BURRITO MAN') would come in the truck stop every morning with freshly made (sausage, beef, or potato) "breakfast-burritos", hot and ready to eat. Drivers loved them. Moriarty was a stop I always looked forward to! A lot of us got to know "Burrito Man". He is a very special person. Although my ver
- 2 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled, cut in small pieces
- 3 eggs
- hot sauce
- cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, over med-low heat, add sausage, onion, green pepper, potatoes and cover stirring occasionally.
- do not let sausage cook crisp!
- when potatoes are cooked soft, push to side of skillet and add eggs.
- when eggs start to 'set', scramble mixture together.
- cooking about 4 minutes.
- put mixture in a bowl.
- in a clean skillet, med-low heat, add 1 large flour tortilla.
- Heat each side about 1 minute, DO NOT burn!
- remove to a plate, add large spoonful egg mixture to center of tortilla, sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortilla over mixture (folding directions are on tortilla wrapper).
- Makes 4-5 burritos.
- Try w/ a little homemade salsa.
- Also great to make ahead, wrap in aluminum foil & refrigerate.
- Next morning place wrapped burritos in a pan & heat in oven a few minutes til warm.
- Be creative when making these!
I substituted bob evans spicy sausage for the churizo and more cheese.The whole family inhaled every bit of it and wanted more.A definate addition to my cookbook.
This was excellent! The recipe called for chopped chorizos & we are fortunate to have Basque chorizos available. The only changes we would make next time is that for every potato used, use another chorizo & another egg. (ex: 3+3+3) Salt potatoes to taste as cooking. Thanks for the great recipe. We will pass it along to the rest of our family.
Delicious! We did not use bell pepper or cheese, and used egg substitute (and almost double), along with Mexican chorizo. So yummy!