Recipe by bayoucritter aka. angela
While driving truck over-the-road, I used to stop in Moriarty, NM. A gentleman (called BURRITO MAN') would come in the truck stop every morning with freshly made (sausage, beef, or potato) "breakfast-burritos", hot and ready to eat. Drivers loved them. Moriarty was a stop I always looked forward to! A lot of us got to know "Burrito Man". He is a very special person. Although my ver
- 2 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled, cut in small pieces
- 3 eggs
- hot sauce
- cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, over med-low heat, add sausage, onion, green pepper, potatoes and cover stirring occasionally.
- do not let sausage cook crisp!
- when potatoes are cooked soft, push to side of skillet and add eggs.
- when eggs start to 'set', scramble mixture together.
- cooking about 4 minutes.
- put mixture in a bowl.
- in a clean skillet, med-low heat, add 1 large flour tortilla.
- Heat each side about 1 minute, DO NOT burn!
- remove to a plate, add large spoonful egg mixture to center of tortilla, sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortilla over mixture (folding directions are on tortilla wrapper).
- Makes 4-5 burritos.
- Try w/ a little homemade salsa.
- Also great to make ahead, wrap in aluminum foil & refrigerate.
- Next morning place wrapped burritos in a pan & heat in oven a few minutes til warm.
- Be creative when making these!