Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Breakfast Burrito is a yummy dish that is acceptable for Phase 2 and Phase 3 of The South Beach Diet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon skim milk or 1 tablespoon plain low-fat soymilk
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 (6 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 avocados, diced or 2 tablespoons guacamole
- nonfat sour cream (optional) or light sour cream (optional)
- Heat nonstick skillet with oil on medium heat.
- Beat eggs with milk and diced tomatoes.
- Add the egg and tomato mixture to heated skillet; scramble until done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place each tortilla on broiler plate of a toaster oven.
- Assemble by dividing eggs in the center of each, topping with cheese.
- Toast each until cheese is melted.
- Add salsa and avocado, folding tortillas to enclose contents.
- Serve immediately with an optional dollop of sour cream on each.