My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked beef sausage, diced or 1 lb bacon, crumbled (try Homemade Fresh Bacon Bits for easy bacon bits) or 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 4 -5 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups green chili sauce (canned green enchilada sauce works well if you don't wish to make green chili)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1Pan fry the diced potatoes, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a little shortening, vegetable oil or rendered bacon fat until browned and nearly done; add onions and peppers and continue to cook until potatoes are done and onions and peppers are tender. (or you can fry up a pre-packaged bag of O'Brian potatoes if desired).
- 2Remove from heat and stir in the meat and scrambled eggs.
- 3Cut the tortillas in half; lay them in a 9 x 13 rectangular pan, placing the cut edges square to the side of the pan, over lapping as needed.
- 4Spread a 1/3 of the meat, potato and egg mixture on top of tortillas.
- 5Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce over the meat, potatoes and egg.
- 6Sprinkle on 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- 7Repeat layer once more.
- 8Add one more layer by adding tortillas and meat, potatoes and egg.
- 9Top with another layer of tortillas; pour last cup of sauce over the tortilla covered casserole.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake in 350 degree oven until hot and the cheese is melted.
- 12Top with lettuce and tomatoes if desired.
- 13Serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Burrito Supreme Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.2
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 262.4 mg
- Sodium 1124.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked beef sausage