This burrito makes a satisfying and comforting breakfast. I often make extra mashed potatoes just to have this burrito the next morning.
- Warm a large skillet (big enough to hold burrito size tortilla) over medium heat.
- Butter (1T or so) can be added to the skillet to help brown the tortilla and give the outside more flavor and crispness, but I always just warm it in a dry (no butter or oil) skillet.
- Spread mashed potatoes down the center of tortilla.
- Place the tortilla in warm skillet, mashed potato side up.
- Sprinkle cheese on potatoes.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces on cheese.
- Spread scrambled eggs on top of bacon.
- Top with salsa and sour cream.
- If you like your tortilla soft, slide it out of the pan onto a plate as soon as it is warm. Roll and eat.
- If you prefer your tortilla crunchy, continue to cook until it starts to brown, slide out of the pan onto a plate and roll imediatly.
Thank you for posting this recipe! I had to use some potatoes before they spoiled and I made a huge batch of mashed potatoes - so I am looking for all the ways to use them. This was a very good breakfast and my super picky husband even loved it. 5 stars!
Gosh this is great! I, too, will make mashed potatoes just for this breakfast. This makes a full, delicious burrito with a great blend of flavors. Thanks for posting!