Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Family Favourite !! Breakfast burritos with parsley, tomato, onion, cheddar cheese, bacon, salsa and scrambled eggs. Serves 2. ( or 4 small )
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely minced
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 large tortillas (or 4 small )
- 3 1⁄3 tablespoons salsa
- Preheat oven to 200°F/95°C.
- Chop bacon into small pieces, and then cook in skillet until crisp.
- Beat the eggs well with a fork or wisk. Add the chopped parsley to the beaten eggs. Set aside.
- Divide the cooked bacon, tomato slices, chopped green onion and cheddar cheese between the two tortilla shells. Save 1 2/3 tablespoons of cheese for a garnish.
- Add oil to a non-stick skillet (or use the grease from bacon). Heat over medium heat. Add the egg mixture to the skillet. Scramble eggs until set, but still moist. Avoid over-cooking the eggs as the will become tough.
- Place 1/2 of the scrambled egg mixture on each tortilla, and use 1 2/3 tablespoons of salsa on each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla. Garnish with remaining cheddar cheese. Place on a pie plate and heat in oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with a small sprig of parsley. Serve warm.