Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
Just as tasty, and much healthier than any drive-through fast food breakfast!
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped canned green chili, drained
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon shredded fat-free monterey jack cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash liquid hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 10-inch 98% fat-free flour tortilla, warmed
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook the onion and chilies in the skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg substitute, cheese, pepper, and Tabasco (if using).
- Pour into skillet and scramble for 3 to 4 minutes, until the eggs are done to taste, but not dry.
- Place the egg mixture along one-third of the tortilla, about 2 inches away from the bottom.
- Fold up the lower edge, and then roll from the side to form a burrito.
- Eat immediately or wrap in a napkin or aluminum foil to eat out of hand while waiting for the school bus or commuting to work.
This is one of the best reciped for a great burrito I've had! Gwen Reynolds
This not only makes a great breakfast, but makes for a quick low-fat lunch. Wrap in foil and take it with you. The foil helps to hold in the heat and it can easily be reheated. Also great with some Canadian Bacon or ham.