Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is like a sticky pecan bun and cinnamon bun all rolled into one! You're going to need a glass of milk to eat this - it's VERY rich. For the icing, we like to lump it on top and let it melt down the sides; that way, it picks up some of the other gooey stuff and you can dip your bread into it!
- 14.79 ml butter, softened (or more, depending on the size of your bundt pan, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE)
- 4 (40 count) can refrigerated biscuits, each biscuit halved
- 113.39 g butter, melted
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml finely chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 236.59 ml vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F if using a glass bundt pan).
- Grease bundt pan with softened tablespoon of butter (you may need more depending on the size of your bundt pan, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE - the butter mixes with the sugar mixture on the outside of the bread, making it gooey).
- Roll biscuit half into a ball and let stand at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and both 1/2 cups of pecans.
- Roll each biscuit ball in butter and then in sugar mixture (I usually do a handful of biscuit balls at a time).
- Layer balls in bundt pan; if you have extra butter and sugar mixture, mix together and pour over bread.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and up-end onto serving plate.
- Place icing by spoonfuls on top of hot bread; allow to melt and cover the sides and center of bread; icing will pool in dish, use for dipping.
This was delicious! Very sweet, but I used it as part of a breakfast buffet, so having fresh fruit, eggs and other items along side of it cut the sweetness. It would be a great Dessert as well! Yum!
This is so easy and they taste so good. My wife and son loved them.
Awesome! I have made other versions of monkey bread before. However, I have never added pecans or frosting. Both were a great additions. Made this more like desert instead of breakfast. None of my pictures look as good as the ones already posted, so wont submit. Thanks.