Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From FoodTV. A great brunch idea!
- 8 slices tuscan style bread
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 ounce sweet butter
- 5 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 ounces marinated sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- fresh basil leaf
- pesto sauce (optional)
- Toast the bread and keep while preparing the eggs.
- Combine the eggs, water, Tabasco and salt in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a large non-stick omelette pan, melt the butter and add the eggs, stirring with a spatula until the eggs are gently scrambled.
- Spread the soft goat cheese equally over the slices of toast.
- Add the scrambled eggs on top of the goat cheese and cut each of the toast slices in half.
- Garnish with sun dried tomatoes, basil leaves, and drizzle of pesto.
Wow, was this ever good. I made this for a Sunday Brunch and it was a huge hit. My guests said this should receive more than 5-Stars. It is very similar to a dish we can order from Pizza Luce in Duluth. I'm so glad I found this recipe, now I won't have to fight the crowds at Pizza Luce on Sunday!
Almost too lovely to eat, but we sure were glad we did! What a wonderful brunch!
Delicious supper sandwich and an attractive presentation. I used sundried tomato pesto rather than the tomatoes and pesto, olive oil and whole wheat french bread. We enjoyed it with yellow pepper soup. Thanks, Miraklegirl!