Recipe by Kat's Mom
From the Calico Inn Bed & Breakfast is Sevierville, Tennessee. The innkeeper notes that she uses the frozen mixed berries (thawed). Times are a guess-timate.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (two 3 ounce packages)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (any fresh or frozen fruit can be used)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add sour cream and the 2 TBL brown sugar; beat until smooth.
- Reserve 6 berries for garnish.
- Halve the remaining strawberries and arrange evenly in bottom of a shallow 8 inches round pan or individual Brulee dishes.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over berries.
- Sieve remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes until sugar turns golden brown.
- Garnish each brulee with a reserved berry.