Breakfast Bread With Carob and Carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the wheat flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside. (This can be done the night before and kept covered at room temperature.).
- Mix the yogurt, apple juice, vanilla extract, oil, honey, egg whites and carrots in a separate bowl and blend together.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the carob chips and fold together until blended. Do not over-mix, this will toughen the bread.
- Spray 2 small loaf pans with non-stick spray and fill each pan 3/4 full with batter. Place on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. The breads are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out dry. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Slice each loaf into 10 slices.