Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From FoodFit. A super-healthy, super-yummy way to start the day!
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole grain wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons oat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons grated carrots
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons carob chips
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the wheat flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside. (This can be done the night before and kept covered at room temperature.).
- Mix the yogurt, apple juice, vanilla extract, oil, honey, egg whites and carrots in a separate bowl and blend together.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the carob chips and fold together until blended. Do not over-mix, this will toughen the bread.
- Spray 2 small loaf pans with non-stick spray and fill each pan 3/4 full with batter. Place on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. The breads are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out dry. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Slice each loaf into 10 slices.