Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another overnight breakfast casserole. Perfect with bacon or sausage. From Weightwatchers.com. 4 points per serving. Time does not include overnight in the fridge.
- 4 ounces French bread, day-old, trimmed of crust and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 2 small peaches, pitted and chopped (es)
- 2 tablespoons raisins or 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat granola
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- One day before serving, lightly spray a 1-quart glass or Pyrex baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bread, peaches, raisins and granola.
- Whisk together milk, sugar, egg and cinnamon; stir into bread mixture.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover bread pudding and bake 30 minutes or until bread is golden.
- Serve warm with syrup.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.
this was good. better with syrup although sweet enought to eat without. the granola i used had almonds in it and they didnt really go with the rest of the flavors. i guess we prefer dryer bread pudding than this so i would use a little less liquid next time. i used whole wheat bread and added a little vanilla. it smelled wonderful and there wasnt a drop left. thanks for a fun and easy breakfast exp.
This was really great! I love bread pudding and I liked this breakfasty twist. I will be making this again! Thanks!