Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a variation of a recipe I saw on Food Network. I haven't made it yet, but I wanted to have it down somewhere to be kept safe.
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb dry bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (if fresh, toast lightly, try not to use a crust type of bread)
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled diced and cooked
- 2 lbs breakfast sausage (any flavor except for maple)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- Brown sausage and onions in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain sausage and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs and milk. Add in the heavy cream, bread, cayenne and salt and pepper. Then add in the sausage, potatoes and parmesan cheese and stir until coated. Mixture will me soupy.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish and place on a baking sheet for spillage.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour. Top should be golden brown. If the top starts to look too brown before baking is done, you can cover it with foil. Center should be spongy when done.