Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My family loves breakfast for dinner so I tried this as a great make ahead meal. Another good twist is instead of ham try sausage for a stronger flavor.
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut into 1 inch think slices
- 8 ounces ham, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- On one side of each slice of bread spread butter then cut bread into cubes and place on the bottom of a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Top with ham and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate atleast 6 hours or overnight for best results.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 to 50 mins until top is brown and a knife comes out clean.