Recipe by Karishnikov
I wanted brats for breakfast one day, and decided to come up with this. Enjoy.
- 2 bratwursts
- 2 potatoes, diced into small cubes (I used yukon gold potatoes)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cold, diced
- 3 cups beef broth (whatever you want to use to boil the brats in) or 3 cups vegetable broth (whatever you want to use to boil the brats in)
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I used grey poupon)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- salt and pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by boiling the brats in whatever liquid you're using. I used vegetable broth, because it was what I had on hand.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the diced potatoes and cover. Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as sage. You will need to stir them occasionally so the onions don't burn. Cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the potatoes are brown and crispy on the edges and flaky on the inside.
- Add eggs and mustard, mix, and heat through.
- Brown brats in the same skillet and garnish the potatoes with paprika.