This is the weirdest sounding recipe, but I enjoyed it very much - and will again and again! Being on a low sodium, low cholesterol diet, I came up with it to satisfy my hungering for a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich that I used to enjoy in fast food restaurants. I prepared the beans without salt, and the egg white, too. You'll have 4 "sausage" patties, enough for 4 sandwiches.Cook time does not include time to cook beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For sausage mixture
- 1 cup cooked great northern bean
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup dry oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (for frying)
For completing each sandwich
- 1Prepare "sausage" mixture by combing 1 cup cooked beans, spices and oatmeal. With hands, mix well, mashing the beans and making sure the spices, oatmeal and beans are combined well.
- 2Form into 4 patties and fry in canola oil until hot all the way through.
- 3To make one sandwich:.
- 4Cook 1 egg white in microwave omelette pan.
- 5Spread one of the "sausage" patties over the tortilla and top with egg white, then cheese.
- 6Zap a few seconds to partially melt the cheese.
- 7Fold up the bottom of the tortilla, then fold over sides.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Bonanza
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.3
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 235.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: