Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the weirdest sounding recipe, but I enjoyed it very much - and will again and again! Being on a low sodium, low cholesterol diet, I came up with it to satisfy my hungering for a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich that I used to enjoy in fast food restaurants. I prepared the beans without salt, and the egg white, too. You'll have 4 "sausage" patties, enough for 4 sandwiches.Cook time does not include time to cook beans.
- Prepare "sausage" mixture by combing 1 cup cooked beans, spices and oatmeal. With hands, mix well, mashing the beans and making sure the spices, oatmeal and beans are combined well.
- Form into 4 patties and fry in canola oil until hot all the way through.
- To make one sandwich:.
- Cook 1 egg white in microwave omelette pan.
- Spread one of the "sausage" patties over the tortilla and top with egg white, then cheese.
- Zap a few seconds to partially melt the cheese.
- Fold up the bottom of the tortilla, then fold over sides.