Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is rich in dairy and delicious.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
I love blini/blintz!! This was my first time making them! Fabulous on it's own, but I added a simple berry compote and it put it over the top. The recipe is super versatile, and I think would lend itself to so many different kinds of toppings. Thanks Ev!!!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese or 15 ounces Quark
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- fresh sweetened fruit, mixed berries are especially nice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For filling: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add ricotta cheese, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract; mix thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- For blintz: In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In two separate bowls, combine flour with baking powder and yogurt with orange juice.
- Add alternately to egg mixture, and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour half of batter into a greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch glass dish.
- Cover batter with filling, spreading evenly to sides of pan.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with fresh sweetened fruit.